Brexit Latest Status
|DPD Brexit Update|
It was agreed by the EU on 11 April to extend the deadline for Brexit to 31 October 2019.
During this extension period, up to the 31 October 2019, the UK remains a Member State of the EU which means your goods are able to carry on circulating between the UK and the rest of the EU as they do today, without the need for declarations or Customs checks.
We can confirm that during this period it is very much business as usual and we will deliver your goods to the EU exactly as we do today.
It is possible that the extension period may end earlier than the 31 October at which time other scenarios are possible, we will proactively advise our customers as and when that happens. In the meantime please refer to this website regularly where we will post any updates to Brexit.
DPDgroup will ensure that we are 'Brexit ready' whatever the scenario and whatever the final date of exit, so that you can continue to ship parcels to your customers throughout the EU.
DPD is fully engaged in the Brexit process and has detailed plans in place.
Since the Brexit vote DPD has:
- Formed a dedicated Brexit working group
- Hired political affairs and customs experts
- Lobbied the government to keep trade agreements
- Worked with key departments - DiT, HMRC, HM Treasury - to have our say on behalf of our customers
What will DPD do next?
- Remain fully engaged in the Brexit process
- Ensure our interests are taken into account - no tariffs and free movement of goods
- Publish regular updates to our customers